Become a Film Society Member
Join our Film Society and enjoy exclusive benefits, sneak previews, film discounts, and more throughout the year.
Who We Are
Operating under the direction of the Provincetown Film Society since April 2010, Whaler's Wharf Cinema at 237 Commercial Street was purchased by the PFS in April 2011 and is a year round art house cinema that offers:
- First run independent and art house films.
- Four Mini-Festivals annually, featuring such topics as the Arts, Human Rights, Women’s issues, Environment, Politics, Middle East to name a few.
- Guest programmers including including past PIFF Filmmakers on the Edge.
- The Provincetown Film Institute with world renowned and local filmmakers.
- Screening opportunities for student filmmakers.
- Cape Filmmaker Cooperative providing a place for Cape Filmmakers to show works in progress, discuss ideas and feature their films.
- Special features: film noir, French, Italian, Portuguese cinema, and director-themed programs.
- A new screening room/art gallery gathering place for cinephiles and art enthusiasts, with comfortable informal seating and art exhibits.
- Partnerships with non-profits and educational institutions on the Cape and beyond.
- A new venue for parties, lectures, book signings and more.
Last updated: April 16, 2011